SolarWall 2-Stage - High Performance Solar Air Heating
Up to 50%+ More Thermal Energy
Independent testing and field applications have shown that SolarWall 2-Stage will deliver up to 50+% more energy than a conventional SolarWall system, with temperature rises over 100°F being achieved on a regular basis.
SolarWall® 2-Stage is the latest version of the SolarWall® technology and is more suited to solar space heating applications. It builds on the technological success of the original solar air heating system, generating substantial economic and environmental benefits.
SolarWall® 2-Stage has been configured to deliver a higher temperature rise – up to 36-100 °F ( 20-55 °C) above ambient temperature. It is also ideally suited for windy locations and roof-mount projects. [And as the wind speed increases, the energy output of the 2-stage system will continue to increase relative to the conventional SolarWall system.] It operates on the same premise as the original SolarWall® technology in that outside air is heated and drawn into an air cavity via tiny mirco-perforations in the SolarWall collector. With the 2-Stage system, the air is then heated a second time (which boosts the temperature rise) as it passes though a second stage of the system. The solar heated air is then directed into the building’s ventilation system - or through a dedicated SolarWall fan & ducting system - where it is distributed throughout the building.
Features & Advantages
- Higher energy output that substantially lowers heating bills
- Delivers significantly more thermal energy (as much as 50%) than a conventional low-flow SolarWall® system
- Heats air 36-100 ˚F (20-55 ˚C) above ambient on a sunny day
- Maintenance free
- Up to 10+ LEED® Points
- Heats fresh air and improves indoor air quality
- Destratification savings for industrial buildings
- Provides both space heating & ventilation air heating
- Huge reduction in CO2 emissions
- Building integrated - variety of colours
Featured SolarWall 2-Stage Case Study:
|Plattsburgh International Airport||type: pdf | size: 202 kB|
Location: Plattsburgh, New York
More Information on SolarWall 2-Stage
Below is the SolarWall 2-Stage leaflet that contain additional information on the SolarWall 2-Stage high performance solar air heating system.